AUTISM is...

Its more than statistics, more than children seen rocking back and forth, more than "rain man". Autism is the biggest roller coaster I have ever been on. Autism is amazing, laughing, smiling, giggling, loving, caring, and courageous. Austism is frightening, frustrating, head banging, eye gouging, rough, and tempermental. Above all, Autism is Us. It is who we are now. One of us cannot adapt to the rest of us, so the rest of us have adapted to one of us. Autism is acceptance, it is patience, it is endurance and strength. Autism is learning. Autism is teaching. Autism is the twinkle in his eye as he places the letters upon the board in PERFECT allignment, first the red, then the yellow and then the green and blue. Autism is my son...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just another fun filled day!

Autism.... sometimes it is a 4 letter word I think... Some days are good, some days are bad... some days never end!

So... we have this fish tank right? and we have this 4 year old beautiful boy (who happens to have autism...) and we have this 3 year old onery little cuss (yes he is a beautiful little boy too... but gee... he is evil! lol) and they team up together.... so the other day I go down the stairs to find emmett (the beautiful 4 year old) "feeding the fish". which was sort of a pain in the butt, but not too bad, he put in a handful of food rather than a pinch but all was well for the most part... he also knocked the lid of the tank into the tank... but oh well. so the day goes by and we begin the next day... that is when my devil child played his part. he decided he needed to feed the fish too. which consisted of every decoration not being used being put in the tank as well as a HUGE can of food... and not a little, but the whole thing... as well as a new little can of gold fish food (which he had to open to dump in there)... so needless to say I have had to change the water 2 times in 2 days and will have to do it again tomorow for sure... and probably again the next day to get all the junk out of it... at least today we can see the fish in the tank I suppose.... yesterday it was muddy orange colored water and you couldnt see in it!

woo hoo right? sure....

then we come to emmett finding a marker in his sisters bedroom... (which she is not supposed to have in there due to this very concern) needless to say... we had a beautiful mural of emmetts name all down the hall way... the positive note to that is that he spelled his name very well!

I watch those tv shows that are like jon and kate and 19 kids and counting and whatnot... and I wonder each and every time how in the world they do that. I almost cannot handle the 5 that I have. how do they handle that many? And how in the hell did kate find the time to write books? I have a hard time finding the time or energy to write this blog!

talk about feeling inadiquate... (did I spell that right?) I get up in the morning and unless I have an appointment or have to go somewhere, I am lucky to make it out of my pajamas! (that is not good for morale by the way) I jump right in with house work and feeding and trying to dress kids.... (people wonder why my kids are not dressed most days... it is because as soon as I get their clothes on them at least one if not all of them find a way to take them off otherwise they spill so much on themselves that they must come off... I gotta tell you that I already have enough laundry to do without going thru 3 outfits a day per child!) after the kids are dressed/fed then its on to more house work. I cannot keep up. I try. I really do try. But I cannot do it.

How do these tv moms with a bazillion kids keep their homes clean? I have 5 kids and cant keep my home clean?

Oh well. I suppose that comes with the "normal" territory... maybe those tv moms arent really "normal" even when they are supposed to be?

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo true! And, By the way.....OMG--- now I know why you sounded upset when I talked to you. Just remember that things are always darker before the dawn, so things will look up.

    And just incase you havent heard it in the last lil while, your a great mama to all them kids. You always put your kids before anything and everything.

    Anyhow, remember that it wont last, they will either grow out of it or...... they will grow up and move out! lmao. "By the time your kids are fit to live with, they are living with someone else"

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol sis i love you.. oh and your mom to 5.. on your profile.. shouldn't it be wife to 1? not husband? lol just wondered!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete